Project Management Excellence – 2 Day Seminar
Companies are realizing that the traditional project management principles are no longer applicable in today’s extremely dynamic and demanding environment. Instead, more agile planning methods are required to accommodate for changing markets, technology and resources over the course of a typical project. In this 2-day highly interactive course, participants will understand the role of a project manager through information and time management, resource management, and techniques for motivating and influencing both staff and clients.
- Differences between a project and your daily tasks.
- Project Management versus Leading a Team.
- Setting up project objectives and constraints.
- Identifying scope and ultimate goals.
- Stakeholder’s and client’s roles in project objectives.
- Project life cycles & planning models
- Introduction to planning tools
- Work breakdown structures
- Estimating time and cost
- Resource allocation and management
- Setting up Gantt charts
- Precedence networks
- Risk management
- Creating contingency plans
- Effective documentation system
Project Progress Monitoring
- How to monitor performance and measure progress against objectives
- How to keep track of new issues as they are discovered and eliminating them
- Effective decision making
- Quality control procedures
Handling Clients and Stakeholders
- Effective communications
- Influencing key people
- Keep your clients updated
- Manage requests for change
Handling Team Members
- How to give effective feedback
- How to have a productive meeting
- How to maintain rapport with team members
- How to motivate the team and keep them committed to the project’s mission
- How to boost creativity
- How to manage a meeting to get everyone’s input
- How to capture what is discussed
- Effective brainstorming
- Meeting frequency
- Stakeholder Acceptance
- Final documentation before closing down
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Manage resources of a project
- Monitor the progress of a project against targets
- Use Work Break Down Structures (WBS) to plan a project efficiently
- Handle team members and motivate them
- Systematically boost creativity
- Manage meetings to increase efficiency
- Maintain rapport
- Manage change to project requirements