Cross-Cultural Integration – 1 Day Seminar
Multi-national companies are constantly in the delicate but critical process of cross-cultural understanding and integration. Also, cross-border mergers and acquisitions are becoming more and more active in the Sino – US economy and play a vital role in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). How do managers handle potential difficulties when they arise? How can the advantages of a multi-national staff be maximized? Both senior and junior staff alike will benefit greatly from this intensive highly interactive one day seminar. Through multi-media, group activities, role-play, and verbal exercises horizons will be broadened and barriers broken.
What is Culture?
- Edward Hall Model
- Hoefstede Cultural Dimension Theory
Company Core Values, Mission & Vision
Building Cultural Bridges to Reach Goals (4 KEYS)
I. COMMUNICATION STYLES
- High Context v Low Context
- HC/LC examples in daily life- VIDEO
- Case Study – High & Low Context Miscommunications
- Three C’s of Good Communication
- Choosing the right communication tool
- Expressing Opinions -OREO method
- Active Listening – LASA method
II. POWER DISTANCE
- Mianzi and Life
- Making Mistakes
- 4S’s Disagreement Strategy
- Activity: Cultural Awareness Mixer!
III. SELF VS GROUP
- Test: What is your level of INDIVIDUALISM?
- Guanxi & Life
- Conformity is Beauty
- Case Study: Microsoft interview & collectivism
- Privacy and Westerners
III. RISK AVOIDANCE
- View of Future
- Savings Rate
- Case Study – Apple Innovation
- Conflict Resolution
- 4A’s Strategy – Striving Forward While Maintain Harmony