2017/05/11 - All Day
Categories No Categories
In a modern company many managers and employees have to work across organizational boundaries, with clients/suppliers and in many other situations where they lack authority over those with whom they work. Influence without authority is how people get things done. It is easier said than done, as there so many factors that determine our influence and how we use it to accomplish our work and achieve our goals. Over the two days we look at both the mechanics of influencing as well as the necessary skills.
Key questions that need to be answered:
- What are the keys to effective influence?
- How do I get people to find value in what I have to offer?
- What methods does an influencer use when faced with conflict?
- Why is it that some people react positively to my suggestions and some ignore or are even resistant?
- How does an effective influencer not only get a “yes” response, but also follow up to see the desired behavior change?
This program helps those who need to influence by doing the following:
- Learn powerful influence techniques through simple influence frameworks and principles
- Use practical case studies to help participants visualize what influencing looks and feels like
- Learn tools that help the participant plan their influence strategies
When implemented correctly an influence solution should strengthen the relationship between influencer and influenced as well as facilitate the desired support or behavior change. This two-day program provides a methodical approach to learning the components of influence and the factors that increase the probability of effective behavior change and collaboration. Through this course the participants will learn:
- How to assess their strengths and weaknesses as an influencer
- How to identify the needs of others and create a customized influence solution
- Recognize and use three levels of influence
- How to strengthen the relationships while influencing